Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter Weekend

Colin and I went with his best bud Austin and Austin's Mommy, Nicole, to Tulsa over Easter weekend.  We didn't realize it was Easter weekend when we booked the trip, it just happened to be the weekend with the cheapest rates...I guess that's what I get for being a cheapskate!  We really had a great time!  We knew it was supposed to be rainy most of the weekend, so we started out early Friday morning to hit the zoo up before it rained.  Best idea ever!  It was beautiful the whole time we were at the zoo and the boys really enjoyed themselves!
At the petting zoo area.  All Colin was interested in was running around the fence.
Doesn't he just look like a little man these days?  Sigh.
Finally decided to pet this goat with Austin
Closer to naptime the only thing that made him happy was seeing the monkeys!

We stayed in the Radisson in Tulsa and I am so glad we did!  Not only is it perfectly located to visit all the great spots in Tulsa, but it has a little indoor water park the Austin and Colin both loved!  It was totally perfect and FREE to use with our stay.  I didn't get any pics at the water park...but I did get one of him in his life jacket before we went down to the pool area.
He wasn't a big fan of it at first, but I am so glad he wore it!  It boosted his confidence around the water and he was just having a ball!

This next section is more a cautionary tale...we looked up different things to do before heading to Tulsa and one thing on our list was the Kaleidoscope Children's Museum.  The description and website sounded really neat--it actually sounded kind of like the Houston Children's Museum that we had visited when visiting Trey's Dad and Stepmom...I'm here to tell you it was NOT!!!!  This place was gross!  It looked really icky from the outside when we pulled up, but we thought we'd go ahead and give it a try.  Can I say EWWWWW???!!??  It was really gross inside and we totally wiped Austin and Colin down from head to toe with Wet Wipes when we got back in the car.  Even though it was SO gross, the boys still had a great time.
The "medical" area...yuck
At least this little ball tube thing was semi-educational...
He kicked a goal!!

Finally, we went to the aquarium right outside of Tulsa in Jenks and it was great!  Colin was kind of cranky, but he did enjoy looking at all the exhibits and "isheys."  He's still a little young for all the touch exhibits, but he liked looking at everything!  They have an AMAZING shark exhibit that you walk through and there are sharks all around!  So neat!  
Checking out the manta rays
Austin and Nicole feeding the manta rays
Ready to go home to Daddy!

No comments:

Post a Comment