Monday, November 1, 2010

16 Months

Precious boy, it hardly seems like you could already be 16 months (and you've actually been 16 months for a while!).  These last few weeks have just been so fun with you because your little personality is growing and you are trying so hard to be a "big boy."
Mommy decided it was time to take away your beloved paci during the day a few weeks ago, but you couldn't quite get rid of it at night just yet.  And, that's ok with me!  Now that the paci is gone, you are jabbering away!  I can't believe how much you are talking and learning every day.  You said the sweetest words these ears have heard yet on October 17 when you said "wuv wu" otherwise known as love you!  You can identify several body parts--ear, nose, eye, bellybutton (your favorite), and foot. You can identify people in pictures, and even like to point them out and say their name.  You've picked up on the nickname Mama and Daddy gave you of Bubba.  I don't know why we started calling you that, but you sure like it!  You pat yourself on the belly and say "Bub-ba."
You are SUCH a ham, and thoroughly enjoy any and every opportunity to make someone laugh.  You are quite the little performer and absolutely love to have the spotlight.  We went to visit Gigi and Pappy a couple of weeks ago, and you rode your second horse with your Pappy...and didn't want to get off (but more about that later)!!  You are such a little social butterfly and love to play with all your friends, whether you're at church or visiting friends at play dates!
I love to watch you explore in your surroundings, but it makes me SO nervous that you show no fear!  You will walk anywhere and do anything without worry.  I'm not sure if that's a good sign that you feel so nurtured and safe; or if it's a bad sign for years to come.  I'm going to go with nurtured and safe though.
You're still showing a few signs of a picky eater, but your horizons are ever expanding.  Your favorite food still seems to be chicken strips/nuggets--and especially from Chick-Fil-A.  Any and all fruit is in second place.  I swear, it doesn't matter what kind of fruit I stick in front of you, you just gobble it right up! 
I can't say enough about what a joy it is to be your Mommy.  Just when I think it couldn't possibly get any better...it does!  I think every phase has been my favorite (except for the fit throwing stage a little while ago--please don't go back to that one), and your Daddy and I both fall in love with you even more everyday!!


No comments:

Post a Comment