Monday, July 11, 2011

Sweet 2 Year Old

It's hard to believe that my sweet little baby has already been 2 for several weeks!  So much has changed in his little personality, I just have to update so I don't ever forget what he was like at this age.  He really is the sweetest and happiest little guy!  He makes me smile constantly, and he makes me so grateful...I don't know what Trey and I ever did to deserve such a wonderful miracle!  Ok, enough mush...on to my little man!

He's still a VERY picky eater and eats few things.  He does like bread, but he still doesn't really like sandwiches.  I tried cutting them into dino shapes, and that got a couple of bites taken!  He still loves "cake cakes" or pancakes, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, honey buns, biscuits, eggs (occasionally), yogurt, and fruit for breakfast...really, he's not all that selective at breakfast time!  Lunch and dinner can be a little different, but he likes chicken, spaghetti, mac and cheese, pizza, he'll occasionally eat a hot dog, he likes chips and salsa...there are a few other things, but really this is about it.  He is just getting into eating sweets (which is probably a bad idea)...his favorite being White Chocolate Mousse frozen yogurt at TCBY or Yum Yo's.  He loves to snack on Goldfish, cookies (Teddy Grahams), or crackers, but we don't do a lot of snacking at home.  He LOVES milk as much as ever!  He also loves drinking diluted juice!
Colin goes to Mother's Day Out at our church on Mondays and he LOVES it!  Sometimes he fusses a little when it's time to drop off, but he adores his teachers and loves playing with his buddies!  That's all he jabbers about in the car when I pick him up.  We still participate in our playgroup, but we have just gotten so busy that only attend 2 functions a month.  He still loves to play with his dogs the best, but they don't always appreciate the love he hands out!
His pal, Stella
His best bud, Simon

He just says and does the funniest things!  It would be hard for me to put down all the words he says, because he's a little mimic and says everything (thankfully, both Trey and I have been watching our language, so no bad words are coming out!) that we say!  He talks about baby "sisser" a lot (no, we don't know the gender yet, but he is still insistent that he is having a "sisser") and everything he's going to teach her.  He gives the baby a hug and blows a kiss every night before he goes to sleep (so sweet!) and he's told me he's going to teach her about cows "moo moo", and chickens "cockadoodledoo", horses "neigh" "cowboy", pigs "oink oink oink", and dinosaurs.  Probably his favorite subject (and the one that keeps me amazed) is dinosaurs.  I'm not sure how long ago he got obsessed with Dino Dan on Nick Jr., but it has been non-stop dinos in our house ever since!
He can name close to a dozen dinosaurs (not an exaggeration!) by picture, and can name his favorites off the top of his head!  His favorites are T-Rex, Triceratops, Compsognathus (Compy as Colin says--that's what Dino Dan calls it), and Stegosaurus.  He can name Brachiasaurus, Struthiomimus (aka known as Meemus at our house), Saltasaurus, Polacanthus, Parasaurolophus, Diplodocus, and Velociraptor to name a few.  The words may not sound exactly right, but they are very close!  He constantly plays with dinosaurs and loves to read dinosaur books!
Pushing a few of his dinosaurs around the house!
He also lines them all up before he'll play with him and is VERY particular about how they are lined up!  I think he takes after his Pappy on that one!  I couldn't get a picture of the dino line-up, but I'll keep trying!

He is just the happiest little guy!  I know I say it all the time, but I am so blessed to be his Mommy!  He gives the best hugs and kisses ever!  Colin, I hope you always know how much your Mommy and Daddy love you!  You are such a joy in our lives and every day we love you more and more!

I also wanted to give a quick update on the pregnancy.  I will be 15 weeks on Wednesday, and had a doctor's appointment today to check on the baby.  Everything sounded good so far, baby's heartbeat was around 150 (and I can't remember how that compares to Colin's!).  I'm still getting sick--mostly in the afternoon/evening time.  Trey and I can't decide if this is a similar pregnancy to Colin's, but this sickness doesn't seem as yucky as with Colin!  But, I just don't know if it's because I'm in a different situation now!  Since I'm home, I can lay down or sit down when I feel bad, and it helps being able to take naps with Colin if I need to.  That wasn't an option when I was working for sure!  I found out that we will have our big ultrasound at my next visit on August 8 and I'm super excited!  We'll find out if we will be going broke making everything pink and frilly, or we can recycle what we've got!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment