Tuesday, September 20, 2011

The Greatest Show on Earth??

We heard the Shriner Circus was going to be in Springdale last week from some of our friends last Thursday, so we decided to head down and check it out.  If you noticed the question marks in the title, I'm sure you can guess that it was most definitely NOT the greatest show on earth.  Oh, man!  It was probably one of the lamest circuses ever!  But, Colin didn't understand that it was stupid and enjoyed clapping and cheering when everybody else did.  His favorite part of the circus was the free coloring book and crayons they gave us when we got there.  Oh, well.  He had fun, so that's all that matters.  I'll post some pics that I took at the circus, but I'm done talking about the Lamest Show on Earth.  I'll just focus on what Little Man has been up to.
Things I Love at this age:  Watching Colin think things through for himself and figure out how to problem solve; getting an "ippee ippee" at meal times when I feed him something he loves (like pigs in blankets and bananas); ALL the hugs and kisses he gives out on a daily basis--I think I get at least 500 kisses and "holds" a day...and you will NEVER hear me complain; hearing his sweet little voice talk to me in sentences and be able to express himself (I still may be one of the only people that can understand him, but he's getting better!); letting Colin make choices for himself and delighting with him when he makes good choices; when he rubs my belly to "love on baby Mason"; I guess I could go on and on, but those are some of my very favorite things!
Things I Don't Like so Much at this age:  Tantrums; watching the same movie 5 times in a row (currently The Three Musketeers with Mickey, Donald, and Goofy); defiance; changing diapers still; fighting him over every little thing from meals to clothes to diaper changes (I've learned to pick my battles, but I still dislike having to fight certain things!)
What's Colin up to these days?  What ISN'T he up to?  He has recently transitioned himself into his big boy bed!  He started napping in his big boy bed last Sunday and then decided Thursday night (9/15) that he wanted to sleep in there all the time!  Once this child makes up his mind to do something, there is absolutely no stopping him!  He's really done great--I've been pleasantly surprised!  We had a rough start and he wanted me to lay down with him all the time, but I just decided that I couldn't do that and he still cries a little bit when I leave, but he falls asleep in probably 2 minutes after I shut the door.  And, he still sleeps until about 6:30 or 7 (going to bed by 8).  I know things could change at any time with his sleeping habits, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed and being hopeful.  He still takes great naps--usually at least 2 hours, sometimes 2 1/2 or 3 hours.
He is still a SUPER picky eater, but I always continue to offer variety and hope that he'll eat it one day.  I'm telling you, that HAS to be a genetic trait--he's got an issue with textures just like me!  And, I promise I'm super careful about how I act around food with him.  I don't ever talk about stuff I don't like or say I don't like something at the table.  It is what it is though.  Maybe he'll grow out of it...I never did.  He's not interested in potty training yet.  But, I have a feeling it will be like his big boy bed.  Once he gets it in his head to do it, he'll get it done in no time.
He is still totally into Mickey Mouse!!!  He does still love dinosaurs, but he'd rather play with dinosaurs these days (and he LOVES his dino sheets in his big boy room!).  We own The Three Musketeers (Mickey Mouse version) on DVD and I also have it recorded on DVR from when it came Disney Jr.  He is currently obsessed with this movie and goes around quoting it all the time...his favorite part of the whole movie is when the narrator turtle says, "Da da da Daaaa!  The Three Musketeers!!!"  He says that all day long.  And, he will tell you what's going to happen in the movie and who all the characters are.  He loves to say, "Oh no!!!!  BAD GUYS!!"  So funny.  The only thing I don't mind about watching it several times in a row is all the snuggling and hugs I get while we watch it.
He's just a happy little guy and he is truly a joy to Trey and me.  I keep telling Trey that I don't know how we got so lucky to have such an amazing little boy.  I know there is nothing I've ever done to deserve such an amazing gift!  I know our lives will only be blessed that much more when Baby Mason arrives.  I'm so excited!!  We are truly the luckiest two people on the face of this earth!  I hope both our boys will always know how much we love and cherish them and what a blessing they are to us!  I always get so sappy when I write these entries...I would blame the pregnancy hormones, but I'm pretty sure I've been a sap since before I was pregnant!  Oh, well.  I guess I can blame my Park genes!

No comments:

Post a Comment