Sunday, August 11, 2013

Weekend Recap

We had such a fun weekend!!  We didn't do a whole lot (which is nice sometimes), but managed to spend a lot of quality time together.

Friday I took Colin to spend some birthday money he got in the mail from his Memaw Lynn and Pops.  The practical mom in me was going to just put the money in his savings account for a rainy day, but he never gets to take money to the store to pick ANYTHING he wants.  I told him he could pick whatever he wanted...and he knew exactly what he wanted before we left!  He told me he wanted an Avengers mask and probably a movie.  So, we went into Walmart and he headed straight for the superhero section. Lo and behold, he chose an Ironman mask and the movie, "Thor."  He looked very carefully at each item in the aisle and thought out his decision carefully.  He is so funny and was actually very practical when picking out his toys.  He decided to pick a mask because he thought it would be more fun when friends came over to have an Ironman mask to go with his Spider-Man mask.  That way they could "take turns being heroes."  Sweet kid.
Saturday Trey took Colin on a man date to see the movie "Planes" with the Pate guys.  That had a lot of fun I think!

Friday night I had a fun evening hanging out with my neighbor ladies.  We've had a couple new young families move in and it's SOOOOOOO nice having good friends literally right next door.  Loved our time!

Saturday afternoon we spent playing all around the backyard and running.  It was absolutely gorgeous outside and just felt so good to be out (yucky heat is back-boo).  I wish I could upload videos from my phone because I filmed Trey tapping Mason on the head with a floppy blow up sword (long since deflated) and Mas would throw himself down face down every time.  It was so funny!  He's the one that started doing it!  He brought Trey the sword and held out his head until Trey tapped him.  I don't know where he comes up with some of these things, but he sure can be a hoot.
This was my last week with my combined Preschool and Prekindergarten kids for the summer.  Next week is promotion Sunday, so they will move on!  I'll be teaching Colin's PreKinder class.  I'm so excited because our church is doing a church wide study of Max Lucado's "The Story" throughout the school year.  The cool thing is that the kids (even Colin's age) will also be doing the same lessons as adult classes.  I think that is so neat!!  So excited to see how God will move in our church this year!
Colin found a Spider-Man costume in the Sunday school classroom and dressed up both during children's church and Sjnday school!  I'll leave you with a pic of Colin and his buddy Mason as Spider-Man and Ironman!

No comments:

Post a Comment