Monday, August 17, 2009

Colin's Baptism Weekend

Boy, what an exciting weekend we had! Colin had a lot of visitors this weekend because he was baptised on Sunday!! Pops and Memaw Lynn came and stayed the night with Colin Saturday, and this was the first time Pops had seen the little C-Man! They had a great time. They are welcome anytime--because Colin slept until 4:45 after all the exercising and playing with Memaw and Pops! Boppy, Tabitha, and Max came in Saturday afternoon and played with Colin too. Memee and Pappy came up Sunday for the baptism and everyone stayed for lunch. We really enjoyed our visitors.
Looking up at Memaw and Pops
Proud Pops and Colin
Memaw and Pops made the craziest faces--Colin just laughed and laughed!
This is pretty much my daily life--I'm glad everyone else likes to spend their time like this.
Memaw and Colin playing
Colin and his Memaw spent A LOT of time on this activity mat on Saturday playing. He had a permanent grin on his face no matter what she would say. He thought everything was funny. He'd never seen his Ernie doll do flips on the activity gym before, but he thought that was the greatest thing since Similac Sensitive.
This is how he looked after playtime. Oh yeah.
Did I mention he slept until 4:45??????? Heaven.
Memaw and Colin
Colin, Memee, and Memaw Lynn
This is Sunday before heading to the church for Colin's baptism.
Colin in his baptism outfit
Doesn't he look dapper? Ok, I realize what most of you are thinking. Is that child wearing a bonnet on his head? Yes, he is wearing a bonnet and no, it is not gay. It takes a very confident little man to pull off a bonnet, and I think he totally rocked that bonnet. It's a hanky bonnet and my intention is to give the hanky to his future bride for her something old/blue. Won't that be sweet knowing that he wore it on his little head? Well, I like it.
Max had to be stripped; he got lasagna all over his pretty church clothes
Boppy, Colin, Max, and Tabitha
Boppy, Colin, Trey, me

This weekend was just great, and I'm so excited that all of Colin's grandparents and a couple cousins came up for his baptism. That means so much to us, and will be so special for Colin. We had a great time with the whole family, and look forward to many happy times ahead.

This week, we're headed to the farm again! The Essex family is coming up from DeWitt to meet Colin at the farm, and I'm so excited to see them, and for Colin to meet them. It makes me think of my sweet Loma and miss her all the more. Colin would have loved his Aunt Lomie more than anything, but he'll grow up knowing all about her! After that, Colin's cousin, Augusta Grace turns 1! Party time on Saturday! Then to Pine Bluff for a Sip and See in Colin's honor on Sunday. Then, I'll enjoy every minute of my last week at home with Colin for it's back to work. D-Day is August 31 and I will be needing buckets of prayers to get me through that day.

Updates for Week 8
This weekend was great proof on what a little trooper you are! You are still tolerating being passed around like a sack of taters--which surprises me tons. You loved having all your family up this weekend and put on a show for all your guests. You talked and actually laughed out loud at your Memaw Lynn and Pops. I feel pretty confident that you've successfully wrapped them around your finger like you have everyone else. Memaw called not too long after she and Pops left because they already missed you and wanted to know when they could come back to visit. You slept so good Saturday night (until 4:45--you would wait until the weekend though, when it's your Daddy's turn to get up) after you had lots and lots of exercise time on your activity mat. You kicked your legs and stretched out for at least 2 hours. You were in the best mood! You did so good in church, although you scared Mommy just a little when you started grunting right as the sermon started...I just knew you were about to rip out some loud toots just to embarass me, but you waited a little bit. I think you just want to wait until you can really enjoy those toots and Mommy's embarassment. As for size, you are growing like a weed! You're getting so long, and eating so much! You were 10 pounds 1 ounce over a week ago, and are gaining at a very rapid rate--I wouldn't be surprised if you were 12 pounds already!! You're wearing a 0-3 month size in pretty much everything, but can still wear a few Newborn outfits. I love to see you smile and laugh, and will do pretty much anything I can think of to get you to grin. You are such a great baby, and I feel more and more blessed to be your Mommy with each passing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment