Friday, August 28, 2009

Last Week Home

Well, this has been my last glorious week at home with Colin. I've enjoyed every minute of these past 9 weeks, and wish I didn't have to go back to work at all. We've been squeezing all the last bits of fun that we can out of this week by going to eat lunch with friends and having lots and lots of cuddles, loves, and kisses. We had a couple of "trial runs" at day care this week--each for about an hour. Colin did beautifully--it's just me that is carrying the emotional scar! I can't imagine how I'm going to go an entire 8 hour span without seeing that sweet angel's face--it makes me teary just to think about it!

Colin is finally learning to enjoy tummy time. I just have to be sure I have a mirror close that he can look into. I think it's starting to click that the baby he's looking at is him.
I ran to get my camera, and he started watching Jon & Kate Plus 8 instead of himself
I think he'll be crawling very soon. One moment he was completely straight, like in the picture above.
Then, this happened! He managed to turn himself almost completely sideways!
Does he not look just like a cute little old man in this outfit? Thanks, Memaw Lynn!
We took a break from tummy time to get some good pictures
He's growing so quickly! I want to keep him little forever!
Sweetest face in the world (at least to his Mommy)!
Right before this picture, Simon and Colin were locked in a staring contest.
Colin won.
Both Simon and Stella LOVE Colin. They always want to make him feel better (by licking) when he's fussy. That's what they're doing in this picture. They really don't crowd him too much, this is about as close as they get--which if you know my dogs, that's a huge deal. They don't usually mind too much to invade personal space and be bothersome.

We had our two month visit today and Colin has grown a good amount. He's up to 10 pounds 15 ounces and is 22 inches long. He's in about the 25th percentile for both weight and height. But...his head is much larger. Our Nurse Practitioner says it's because he's going to be so smart--he just has to have a lot of room for all those brains. We love Natalie. Along with the stats, came the shots! I hate getting shots myself, so I couldn't even watch as they jammed 3 needles into my sweet angel. He did pretty well though--the Tylenol that we gave him really helped. This picture was after the shots. What a trooper!

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, and be sure to say some prayers for me and Colin on Monday! I'm not sure I can make it through my first day back at work without them!

Updates for Week 9
You are still such a wonderful little traveler! You stayed pretty close to your schedule while we were visiting everyone in Pine Bluff, and didn't seem to be too thrown off when we got home. But, you definitely love your own bed a lot more than all those temporary beds you slept in. Simon and Stella both are becoming more protective of you and worry over you all the time. If you are fussy, they are sure a lick to the feet/hands/face is going to make it better. Sometimes it actually works--sometimes not. We visited Ms. Natalie at the doctor's office today and she said your progress is doing well. You're gaining enough weight and continuing to grow--she wants you to keep it up! You're almost 11 pounds--and I bet if you would have let them stretch your legs a little further, you would've been even longer than 22 inches! You didn't like it a whole lot when the mean lady (not Natalie) came back to poke you with needles; but you were fine with a few hugs and kisses from Daddy. You still love Similac Sensitive and Gripe Water when you get the hiccups (we joke that sometimes your Memee needs Gripe Water, but not because she has the hiccups...). You don't absolutely have to have a pacifier, but it does seem to calm you down sometimes. You are a pro going to sleep all on your own, and are sleeping 4 1/2-5 hours at a time. You really did great at day care for your trial runs, and I know they will love you because you happen to be the sweetest baby to ever exist on this planet.

1 comment:

  1. Colin so precious!! He looks such like a little man! I hope you have a good week and it is okay to cry I promise. Just remember that he will never remember you leaving him at daycare, I have had to tell myself this many times. I will be saying a prayer for you this weeek. Again, he is just too precious!

    ReplyDelete