Thursday, September 3, 2009

School Time

Well, it's official. Colin is a daycare going kiddo, and I'm now a working Mom. And it's going ok...mostly. Colin is doing pretty well at daycare. He eats, but doesn't eat very well for them. He sleeps, but not for all that long. I'm sure that will all change with time. He's in a great daycare, and his teachers really like him and cater to him as best they can. I also think he's enjoying seeing other babies his size (well, bigger--let's face it, he's just a little guy!!) and how they like to play. He's already starting to pick up some of the babble some of the other babies use. He hasn't had to endure too much time at daycare yet though. My Mom came up the end of this week to help out while Trey is in LR. So, of course, she pulled him out of daycare after 1/2 day because she needed some playtime! I'm doing ok at work--it's a HUGE adjustment, and it's amazing what all you forget being off for 10 weeks! But, I'm trying to pick it all back up and get back in the routine of things (which is hard because I catch myself way too often daydreaming of Colin). I go eat lunch with him everyday since he's so close which helps me make it through the rest of the day. I know I have a grin from ear to ear for at least an hour after my lunch break.

The Rhea Lana consignment event is this week at the John Q Hammons center in Rogers. If you have a kid (or are expecting one), I highly recommend checking one out. The one here in Rogers had over 900,000 gently used NAME BRAND clothing and baby gear. It's really a good way to go. Plus, if you've got some baby stuff to sell--this is the place to do it! To see when they're going to be in your town and to sign up to be a Consignor, go to their website, www.rhealana.com. Totally worth your time.

This weekend we all loaded up and went to the Frisco Festival in downtown Rogers. I think Colin will enjoy going next year; there's lots of stuff for kiddos to do. But, this year we just walked around and took it all in. It was fun to get out of the house and do something as a little family unit! :)Colin and Trey after Frisco Festival
Colin was very tired after all that walking around.

Of course we HAVE to have pictures to document his first day of daycare.
I fidgeted with his car seat straps a little longer than usual--it was hard to load him up to go.
But...as you can see, he doesn't seem to be bothered at all about his first day of school
Best friend Ernie has been along for the ride all week
His teachers think it's adorable how he clutches Ernie and loves Ernie and always make sure it's close to him--in sleep or play
Getting ready for his second day of school--we had some spare time, so we just played.
Colin is SUCH a morning person.

Thank goodness this is a long weekend! I'm going to enjoy spending a 3 day weekend with my little angel! We're headed to Perryville, so Trey can hunt some dove this weekend! We hope we get to see more family, and Colin is especially excited to see GP and Scotty again!

Updates for Week 10:
You started school this week! Mrs. Tracy and Mrs. Amanda think you are pretty special too. They are beginning to learn your little personality and what makes you tick. They've already figured out how much you love your Ernie, and put him with you at all time. You seem to do ok in school, but Mommy would feel so much better if you would eat a little better and sleep a little more (not just in 10-15 minute cat naps). It melts my heart how your face lights up and you grin at me when I come to see you or pick you up from school! You know your Mommy from any old stranger! You haven't totally mastered holding your head up on your own, but you are SOOO close. Tummy time is paying off! You've decided you like to sleep on your side and root around until you're sleeping on your side (usually left) with your arm kicked up WAY over your head. You also seem to like to clutch something while you sleep--so Memee's been giving you one of your Silkies. I love to be there when you wake up each morning because that's when your personality is at its best!! You talk so much and kick and stretch. It's the best. I think you'll be saying actual words pretty early too! You have a language that you've developed already! Gah, goo, and guh all mean that you are happy and just want to talk with us or get our attention. The one I have to watch out for is the gee. When I hear that gee, it just sounds so pitiful because it comes out as geeeee and it almost sounds as if you've given up on every being happy again. It's really the saddest sound, but it's so hard not to laugh sometimes too. You're getting closer to sleeping through the night, but we're not quite there yet. You love your Daddy so much and he is the only one who can really get you going and make you laugh. You think he's the funniest thing you've ever seen in your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment