Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snowmaggedon 2011

I've heard a lot of people calling last week Snowpacolypse 2011, and the snow we got last week seems puny to all the snow we got today!  So, I've dubbed this storm Snowmaggedon 2011.  The official accumulation is around 16" with snowdrifts of way over 2 feet!  It's totally nuts!  I can't ever remember getting this much snow in Arkansas growing up.  And, to be totally honest, I'd be super happy if this is the last time we get this much snow.  While pretty, it doesn't allow us to get out and about like we like!
Here's the front of our house after Trey shoveled the snow
Check out how tall that snow is...I'm pretty sure if I were to jump in, I would get totally lost.
 Totally insane.  Sucks to be a mailman right now.
Again, just craziness!
But, it's not all totally bad.  Colin and I have gotten to enjoy this snowy day with Trey (kind of), and we did take Colin outside to play for a little bit.  He liked the snow a lot better than last week!
Running in, out, and around the garage and driveway is SO much fun when there's snow
See what I mean?
But, he doesn't get to earn his keep by just looking cute.
He has to go to work!  Helping Daddy shovel the sidewalk for our elderly next door neighbors.
That shoveling is sure hard work!
All done!  Daddy had to finish by himself.  I'm not sure even half an inch was moved by C-man.

This snow and cold weather shouldn't stick around too long though.  We should have some warmer weather into the weekend, and maybe even the 60's by Tuesday!  Crazy Arkansas weather!  Gotta love it!  Hope our family and friends are all cozy and warm wherever you are!

1 comment:

  1. He looks so cute in his snow gear. Very impressive that your husband shoveled all the snow. We are still completely snowed in!

    ReplyDelete