Our last pic as a family of 3
Tuesday morning (the 27th), we got to the hospital to check in at around 5 am. I got hooked up to an iv and they started Pitocin around 6:30 or so. Dr. Smith came to check on me and broke my water at 7:30, and it really started to take off from there. He went ahead and ordered my epidural because we were all anticipating a pretty quick labor and delivery since it went so quickly with Colin. PS...epidurals are AWESOME (no time for the epidural meds to kick in with Colin)!!!! So, by 8:30 I was in active labor, but feeling great! Everything was going great until about 10:30 or 11 and then our amazing labor and delivery nurse let us know that Mason's heart rate was not doing what it should've been with the contractions and she was thinking we were looking at a c-section. Dr. Smith (my amazing OB) suggested waiting it out, so around 11:30, she had me switch sides--and it took off! At around noon, I started feeling a little wonky, they checked my progress and I was dilated to a 6. Then, I felt REALLY wonky at 12:15 or 12:20 and I was a 10! The nurse called Dr. Smith who came over from a basketball game. They got everything set up around 12:30 and when Dr. Smith arrived, it was show time!! Sweet Wee Little Man arrived at 12:47. It was a great labor and delivery and we are so glad our sweet Mason Snow is here!
First shot of our sweetie
Dr. Smith and sweet Mason--LOVE Dr. Smith!!!
First snuggles with my Wee Little Man
Getting rubbed and scrubbed
7 pounds 1.4 ounces! He's perfect!
Our AMAZING labor & delivery nurse, Misty
Gigi's first snuggles with Wee Little Man
Sweet little chunky cheeks
Pappy meeting the Wee Little Man
My sweet Little Man giving Wee Little Man smooches (yes, I'm aware it looks like he's about to eat Mason's head...he wasn't)
Snug as a bug in a rug!
Colin has done great since Mason's birth. His Gigi and Pappy brought him up to the hospital the day Mason was born, and they stopped to pick up flowers for Mommy. He picked out the flowers himself and wouldn't listen when Mom tried to get him to pick roses. He picked a beautiful bright bouquet of Gerber daisies in a bright pink vase and he was adamant that those were the flowers for his Mommy. He carried them into the hospital room, and had such a proud look on his face and then told me, "Mommy, you bootiful!" Oh my goodness...I boo-hooed and bless his heart, he just wasn't sure what to do! ha! He's had some adjustments to make since welcoming his baby brother, but he's really a great big brother. He loves to kiss all over Mason and really wants to give him hugs. I let him hold Mason last night, and oh man...he was so proud and just grinned from ear to ear. Mom told me that he was talking to Mason in his swing a couple of days ago, and used his favorite compliment he hears from Trey and me..."You a big boy!!" He really thought he was telling Mason something special. I've been trying very hard to make sure Colin feels included and still feels special. I think the hardest part for him is not having me anytime he wants me. He's so used to all Mommy all the time, and has had a hard time adjusting to sharing my time. Hopefully that will get better with time. I do always ask him if he knows how much his Mommy loves and cherishes him, and he always says, "Yes, Mommy."
No comments:
Post a Comment