Thursday, January 12, 2012

On Our Own

My Mom went home Saturday after being here helping out for 2 weeks...I was so sad to see her go, but knew we needed to get used to our new normal (a big thank you to both my parents for all your help...and thank you to Daddy for sharing Mom so graciously for 2 weeks...I know it's not easy for you to be apart!!). This week has been an adjustment, not all bad, but definitely an adjustment. I hate to be late doing anything...and I was 20 minutes late dropping Colin off at school this morning! But, we did stop to read a story and we had contractors here that I paused for momentarily.

Mason has really been a great baby so far. I have to wake him up to eat (and yes, I really do HAVE to wake him up because the doctor is concerned he's not gaining weight as quickly as he should). I could snuggle with him all day (and I guess I do!). I took him on Monday for a 2 week check/weight check and the doctor decided to go ahead and clip his tongue back (because he had a mild case of tongue tie) to see if that helped him nurse better and put on more weight. So far, it seems to have helped a ton! He's been eating a lot more and more frequently which eases my mind! I think I have been able to enjoy the newborn phase more this time around because I feel more confident in my abilities. I have said several times that the baby isn't the hard part...it's the 2.5 year old!!

Speaking of sweet Colin, he's doing far better than I expected as a big brother. He mostly ignores Mas, but does like to give him kisses and will occasionally pat him on the head. There have been a few moments of jealousy, but they have passed pretty quickly. I am still trying to find the balance of alone time with Colin and doing things to make him feel special. Hopefully that will get easier with time. I will leave you with some pics of Mason since I can't get Colin to pose for any lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment