Sunday, March 10, 2013

Mason Lately

Mason has had A LOT of ear infections since October. 5 or 6! I called our normal doctor and asked if she would recommend us to an Ear Nose and Throat doctor to talk options. I've had friends whose children have had the same issues Mas had and after they had ear tubes put in were totally different kids. I figured it would be worth it just to talk to him! So, our appointment was on February 21st, and the doctor confirmed that he was a great candidate. He could tell that fluid was pretty much always on his ears (which is what I've been hearing since October) and scheduled him for surgery to insert ear tubes the following Wednesday!

My Mom decided to come up and stay with Colin at home so Trey and I could both go to the hospital with Mason. I'm so grateful that she came up and that she and dad are so selfless and giving of their time with our kids (but that's a topic for a whole other post!!). I was so nervous about Mason getting the tubes even though I know it is a total routine procedure. I'm so glad Trey was with me. We had to be at the hospital at 6 am that Wednesday and Mas couldn't have any milk or food. It wasn't so bad before the surgery, but after it was tough! He was confused, sleepy, and really hungry. The waiting before and after we're definitely the hardest part. He was only gone from us for about 15 minutes. We went home and Mason slept for a good long while. Mom took Colin back to Perryville with her for a few days for some quality time o the farm, and I got some QT of my own with Mason. He is a TOTALLY different kid!! He isn't as quick to get mad, is happy pretty much all the time, and is already a better traveler. I'm so happy we decided to go ahead with the tubes!

Mason is GROWING!!!!! Growing like a weed. He eats a bunch all the time and sleeps great still. He wears 18-24 month clothes and 24 month clothes. I've started cutting his hair at home like I do Trey's and Colin's. He is much better about it than Colin! He says mama, daddy, Stella (may be the cutest word he says because he is very precise with Stel-la), Si-si for Simon, bubba, roars like a dinosaur, and just started woof for a dog. He is a sweet little cuddle bug again and loves his Daddy brother. He gets soooo excited when his Daddy comes home from work! He will drop whatever he's doing and run straight over to the door and demand to be picked up! I know it makes Trey's day.











No comments:

Post a Comment