Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Record Breaking Beautiful Day!!

It's so hard to believe that today is July 2--mainly because the temps barely got into the 80s!  We enjoyed lots of outdoor time though.  My MOPS (Mothers of PreSchoolers) group met up at the Bentonville splash pad for a play date and I worried it was going to be too cool for the boys to enjoy themselves!  
I was wrong!  Both boys had fun!  Colin wouldn't get out of the water and Mason ran laps around the perimeter of the splash pad--occasionally splashing around in the smaller sprays.
Trey's plane was delayed, and he was supposed to leave really early to go to Oklahoma City tomorrow.  So, he decided to just get a car and drive to Oklahoma tonight.  I decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather, so the boys and I had a great (Taco Bell) picnic in the backyard and played a while.
Just look at that amazing sky!! 
His favorite outdoor activity is swinging!!  He sat in there for probably 30 minutes and would've happily stayed a while longer!
I did finally convince him to switch over to the horse swing.  Big brother is remarkably absent from our evening pics because of his attitude.  He sassed and talked back one too many times, so his punishment (because I didn't want to punish Mason too) was to watch us having fun while sitting at the picnic table.  Then, he had to go to bed a full hour (actually almost an hour and a half) earlier than usual--same time that Mason went to sleep.  He is such a sweet boy with a sweet heart and it kills me to see him act so ugly!  I know he is just testing boundaries, so I know I MUST be consistent.  We had a long talk after I read his bedtime story and bible story tonight about being respectful, so I'm confident tomorrow will be a great day! 

1 comment:

  1. Gavin went to bed at the same time as Riley last night, too! Must be in the air. ;)

    ReplyDelete