Saturday, September 14, 2013

Sweet Moments

Friday after preschool, Colin's best friend Hayden came over.  We went to lunch at Taco Bueno and the boys told me all about their day at school.  They both told me they had a math test and it was really hard...silly goobers!
I have to take a moment to share my excitement of my neighborhood friends!  We've had a few new people move in the last couple of months.  I've really enjoyed getting to know these gals and they have quickly become very good friends.  Trey gave me a "pass" last night, so I texted the girls and we all went out for some cheap Mexican and margaritas.  It's so nice having good friends for neighbors.  And, bonus, we all have kids around the same age who also love to hang out!
Today Trey went to the Razorback game with his cousin, Chris.  So, the boys and I headed to Sam's Club to get some essentials.  Colin found some princess dresses that we bought for his friends' birthday parties for today (yes, he went to 2 today!) and he also found a Spiderman costume. My plan is for it to be a Halloween costume, but I'm pretty sure Colin just thinks it's a new outfit.  He's pretty stinking cute in it too!  He was crawling all over the house pretending to be Spiderman climbing up walls.  Love. It.
Mason is just a cute little stinker.  He had a good day pretending to be Spiderman with brother.  Colin took off the mask thing and let Mas play with it (didn't last long on Mas either).
I have to admit.  This season of life with littles is tough.  Wear you out and make you crazy kind of tough.  There are a lot of trying moments, but I think those just help the sweet moments seem sweeter.  Tonight, while driving home from our second birthday party (our great friend Ella Jane!), Colin just said out of the blue, "I love you, Mommy.  I had the best day with you today."  Talk about melting my heart!!  He's so sweet!  It made me tear right up and grin so big!

No comments:

Post a Comment