Thursday, September 12, 2013

The Boys Lately

Trey has traveled pretty steadily throughout the summer, which has been challenging, but I'm grateful for all he does to support our family and allow me to stay home.  Colin is just a funny kid!  He has such a sweet and tender heart for others.  He loves to make people happy and laugh!  He's still really into superheroes and likes to wear costumes, shirts, or masks.  His favorite superhero changes daily, but is usually an Avenger (Ironman, Captain America, Hulk, Black Panther, Ant Man, Hawkeye, etc). He loves us to play superheroes with him and usually assigns us a character to play.  I am always Black Widow, Mason is always the Hulk (very fitting--he even says "Hulk, 'mash!), and Trey varies.  He also enjoys Superman and of course Spideman still.  We canceled our cable last month to save some $$ and got Netflix instead.  Netflix is a Mecca of superhero shows and Colin is thrilled!  He loves school and is excited to be with all of his friends again.  His best buds are: Hayden, Eva, Carson, and Bentley.  He can recognize a few sight words (Hulk being one of them!! Ha!!!) and loves learning new things that don't include fine motor skills.  We still struggle with scissor use and he hasn't chosen a dominant hand yet (don't know if that's good, bad, or indifferent).  But, I think he's a perfectly normal, healthy, and happy 4 year old!!
This kid...well, he's just awesome.  Colin=happiness.

Mason is so silly!  I bought him a Baltic amber teething necklace a couple months ago to see if it helped with crankiness and I swear he's a totally different kid now.  It works in the same way the copper bracelets help people with arthritis.  Mas loves to be goofy, laugh, smile, and MAKE people laugh.  He has turned into a Mama's boy again (until Daddy is around) and cuddles a little more--but only on his terms.  I'll take what I can get!!  He's tough and can hold his own wrestling with Colin (he's really not that much smaller anymore!).  He's a pretty good eater and a great sleeper.  He wears a size 2T, size 5 diaper, and size 6.5 shoe.  He says LOTS of words, and is always mimicking us.  He LOVES to read...some of his favorites are: "Goodnight Gorilla," "That's Not My Dinosaur," "A Cuddle for Little Duck," "Ten Little Kisses," and more!!  He's a lot better behaved when Colin is in school (imagine that) and I think he's growing too fast!!!!

This picture just cracks me up!  He loves to make faces in my camera and I happened to snap at the right time!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment