Saturday, December 19, 2009

The Christmas Pageant--Central Methodist Daycare Style

I'll be totally honest with you. When I first got the flyer saying that they were having a Christmas program at Colin's school, and "every child has a part" I was scared. I mean I was really scared. I just couldn't imagine what on earth they would have a room full of babies do. I mean, I know they wouldn't put a baby Jesus there with a Mary and Joseph that couldn't be more than 3 or 4. Right???

But, I loaded up the video camera and my trusty little Nikon and trucked up to the church. This was really and truly one of the cutest and funniest things I've ever seen. Every kid really did have a part. I'm so glad I went to see the program because all of the sweet babies in Colin's class looked so precious n their elf outfits! The video that I took didn't turn out all that well, and I didn't get Colin on there at all because of where I was sitting and how they strolled through the church chapel. Then they had a party in his room where all the kids got to open the presents they brought for the classrooms. Let's just say the babies didn't do much opening. Colin did ok, but then just decided he was going to eat the paper.
The elves from the Lambs class! They are such a precious group of babies. I would marry him off to two of the little girls in his class today if I could. I didn't get a picture of him with his first girlfriend, Payton--but trust me, she's too precious for words!! They started school the same day, and he is exactly a week older than she is.
This is Colin and his girlfriend #2, Kate.
He kept cocking his head over to the right. I think that hat must've weighed his little noggin down!
I tried to get a good picture of he and Kate, but neither one of them were having it.
Colin with Ms. Courtney and Ms. Tracie (his teachers at school)

At the Christmas party, they gave us a card with our child's picture inside it (with his elf hat on) and a little ornament with his handprint. It's so sweet. Colin has really done well at school and I know he will miss it which makes this such a bittersweet time for me! I can't believe I just have 2 weeks left of work!! I'm so excited to stay home with him, but it still makes me a little nervous.

We are so excited to celebrate Colin's first Christmas this week. Trey's dad, Lynn, and Taylor will all be in Rogers to celebrate with us on Monday, then my parents will be up Wednesday. I hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!! Enjoy your time this week with your family and friends and remember that you can't have Christmas without Christ! Hugs and kisses from the Carter's!

No comments:

Post a Comment