Friday, December 25, 2009

More Peas Please!!

This has been such a big week for C-Man! A visit from Memaw Lynn, Pops, and Taylor, eating his first solid food, and a visit from Santa! Whew! It's so busy, I'm doing 2 whole posts to catch up!

Trey's Dad, stepmom, and sister came up on Monday to celebrate Christmas with us. We had a great time, and we're so glad they made the journey from Houston. Colin got lots of books (which we love!) and some neat toys. Colin is really enjoying this little car that Memaw Lynn and Pops got him, and the books that Aunt Taylor gave him!
He is so obsessed with puppies, so it's perfect that the car has a puppy on the steering wheel!
Here he is actually opening the car (I uploaded the pictures backwards again).
He did ok opening presents--still mostly wanting to eat paper, but it's getting better.

Colin had been pulling on his ears all weekend, so Trey took him into see Mrs. Natalie (our favorite pediatric nurse practitioner!) on Monday. His six month visit isn't until January 5th, but we were anxious to begin feeding him solid food--so Trey asked her about it Monday. She said we could start him with his greens! Yay!! So, I FINALLY got to use the totally awesome Babycook and Babycook cookbook that Trey bought me from Williams Sonoma. I won't waste a lot of time talking about this now--just know that it's the best thing ever. I made Colin peas to eat Tuesday and Wednesday (we still have 3 servings in the freezer), and then he had green beans last night and today (again with leftovers in the freezer--the babycook rocks).
He was so ready to eat his first solid food that he just opened his mouth like a little bird!
Still eating pretty well; he seems to really like sweet peas!
Ok--I think it finally sunk in at this point that he wasn't eating his usual rice cereal or oatmeal. He got the funniest little look on his face as he kind of pushed the food around in his mouth.

Hopefully we'll get the greenlight to start other foods at his six month visit (along with a schedule for when to feed what foods). I am so so so happy that Colin seems to be a good eater so far. I hope that means he'll eat like his Daddy!

Stay tuned for pics and details of Colin's very first Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment