We were supposed to head down to Pine Bluff for a couple of days on Wednesday, but Trey called that off Wednesday morning when he saw the forecast called for sleet and freezing rain. He didn't think that it would be super fun to spend Christmas Eve stranded on the side of the road...and I have to admit that I agreed. Of course, the snow and sleet didn't blow in until Saturday, but I guess it's always better to err on the side of caution. My Mom and Dad moved up their plans to come into town on Thursday instead of Friday, so Colin enjoyed a little Gigi and Pappy time.
We started getting our Christmas Eve preparations together for a big Christmas Eve dinner, but Colin had to show off how "Anta" sings and dances.
My Mom prepared a delicious meal of ham, duck, duck dressing, mac and cheese, sweet potatoes, green beans, and rolls...and it sure was delicious! Everything tasted just like Mamaw Tene would've made. But, I didn't take pics of the delicious food...I was blinded by all the deliciousness and failed to get a pic (at least that's my story).
We made sugar cookies for Santa, then Colin and I set out a plate of cookies with milk along with a letter that Colin personally wrote. :) I was going to write it for him, but he stole the pen right out of my hand...and I thought it was precious, so I left it!
Isn't this note the cutest thing you've ever seen????
We put Colin to bed, then Santa's elves got busy setting up all of Colin's loot!! And, he sure made a haul this year!
Colin's loot from Santa--what did he like the best? The fancy raceway? No. The construction site? No. Crayons. Sesame Street crayons and coloring books. Go figure.
From Memaw Lynn and Pops...and by far #2 in line after crayons and coloring books!
Mom, Dad, Trey, and I decided to exchange presents Christmas Eve night after Colin went to sleep so we could focus all our energy and attention to Colin and his presents. I'm sure glad we did that because it was so fun just watching the excitement on his face! He just wasn't sure what he should play with next! I think this will continue to be a tradition for our family every year!
Mom and Dad headed back home after lunch on Christmas Day. We were all sad to see them go, but I think Colin was the saddest. He followed Mom and Dad to the door and just hung on saying "Pappy" "Gigi" over and over. He bounced back fast though. Lots of toys to play with, you know!
Trying to get out the door to go with Gigi and Pappy
We now have plans to visit with Trey's family in Pine Bluff this week--if we can get Colin well! Bless his little heart, he's had all kinds of illnesses the past couple of months, and now he has the croup. Yuck! I'm hoping the worst will be over with after tonight, and we can visit with family! I sure hope all of our friends and family had a wonderful Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment