We have really been enjoying all this warm weather and sunshine. We have played outside every day and go to a park by our house after Colin gets out of school. He loves to climb the equipment and he loves to slide!
Colin is just the funniest kid I think I've ever known. He says the funniest things (without meaning to be funny (I'm sure), but LOVES to make people laugh. In that respect, he reminds me so much of my brother. Josh would do ANYTHING to make people laugh. He is talking so much lately! It seems around the time we had Mason he just grew a bushel.
He talks a lot, and more people can understand what he says, but I'm still the only one that knows what he's saying 99% of the time. He says the "b" sound anytime there's a "v" in a word. I love to hear him ask for biscuits and "graby." He loves to sing and dance. His favorite song is "Old McDonald Had a Farm" because he loves animals! All kinds of animals. Our farm has elephants and tigers along with the cows, pigs, and horses! :) He also loves to sing the theme song to Super Why. Super Why is a show on PBS and they use super reading powers to save the day...I like that he enjoys this show! Another new favorite show is Team Umizoomi on Nick Jr. They use mighty math powers to save the day!
Colin knows his alphabet, can count to 16 consistently--sometimes to 20 if he's in a good mood, knows his shapes, colors, and can recognize/spell his name. I'm trying to work with him on writing some letters, but he's mostly not interested in that right now.
The kid sure has a vivid imagination! Any game he plays he really gets into with his imagination! I see it while he's playing dinosaurs especially. Except he gets confused on what carnivore/herbivore means. So, sometimes T Rex eats plants and Stegosaurus eats T Rex.
They had a model train exhibit at a convention center in Springdale a few weeks ago, and Trey took Colin down to see it. Trey said he was so good and listened to Trey and was very careful around the train sets. He only asked Trey to set Thomas on the tracks a couple times.
He is such a mess! I heard him yelling, "Mommy, help me! Help me!" and found him in our catch all basket on the stairs.
Colin is still super picky with food, and never tries anything. I still always put a variety on his plate and hope for the best. I'm hopeful that one day he will eat something! He has added a few foods back in his diet that he had previously cut out (eggs for one!), so that gives me a little hope. His very favorite food I think is pizza. Then, I think chicken nuggets and mac and cheese are tied. And, his favorite mac and cheese is from Marketplace Express. I don't blame him...it is pretty good.
He loves to read! We read two books before nap and two or three before bed (or if Daddy puts him to bed--it's more like four or five!). He has memorized a couple of different books which just cracks me up. He loves Brown Bear Brown Bear (which he calls Brown Brown bear) and the Very Hungry Caterpillar.
He is such a good big brother. We had a rocky start, and he started crying when I dropped him off at school after we had Mason. But, we're back to normal and he runs for the door at drop off and yells, "See ya, Mommy! Have a good day!" Never even looks back. He loves to hold Mason and sit by Mason.
And, Mason just adores his big brother. Colin makes faces at Mason and Mason just smiles, laughs, and coos. They are both just so sweet! They are both little snugglebunnies and most of my afternoon is spent cuddling both boys in my rocking chair. Life doesn't get any better than that!!!
We have a couple of super sweet little neighbor boys next door, Karson and Jaden (I think that's how their names are spelled anyway). Karson is in the 3rd or 4th grade and Jaden is in the 6th. We have been outside playing the past couple of weeks when Karson gets home from school. Karson will include Colin and let him play with all kinds of balls and just chase after them and play. Colin obviously adores him! Both Karson and Jaden are on traveling baseball teams and Karson gave Colin his old baseball helmet that doesn't fit anymore. This is our new treasured possession! He wears it, uses it to hold dinos/trains...he loves it! I don't think Karson could've guessed how much Colin would love it!
Overall, life is good for my wild and crazy, super funny, loveable first born. He hasn't missed a beat and is doing so great as a big brother. He is so helpful and sweet and has such a tender heart. He says "I love you" all the time and he also says "I miss you" about the same. I think he thinks it means the same thing as I love you. He gives the best kisses and hugs and is just a joy to be around (even when he's ornery as can be!). Love you, sugar!!
No comments:
Post a Comment