Tuesday, March 13, 2012

This Week...So Far

The best part of this week is the weather!  Yesterday was gorgeous--I think it got up to 72 or so and today the high is 80!  It's already so nice outside.  We are definitely planning on heading outside to play after naps.  I have a whole post I typed up yesterday on the app on my phone...but, the app has gone all wonky and won't let me post.  And there are some cute pics of Colin flying his kite yesterday!  I'll figure it out sooner or later I'm sure.
So, now for the not so fun part of my week.  Mason has been vomiting a couple of times a day for about a week.  At first, we weren't really concerned...but as time has gone on and it wasn't really getting any better, we decided to take him to the doctor yesterday. 
The doctor ordered bloodwork (I HATED this!  I don't know how parents of really sick babies do it...I cried and cried!) yesterday that tested his glucose levels and also checked his hydration levels.  He had only lost a little bit of weight when we went in yesterday, so that's good too.  The next step is an ultrasound first thing tomorrow morning that will check for any blockage in his stomach.  The doctor thinks its either a partial blockage in his stomach or really bad acid reflux.  At this point, I'm not sure which would be better!  From what I understand, once the blockage is gone, so is the problem...but, acid reflux could last his entire first year.  So, I guess right now, I'm just praying for answers and that my sweet dumpling gets relief.  The good news is that this ordeal has not affected his sweet little disposition.  He never gets upset about throwing up--and usually seems happier once he does!  He doesn't cry all that often--definitely no more than any other newborn.
I keep telling myself how much worse this could be!  I am so thankful to have healthy children and say extra prayers for parents who have very sick little ones.  My heart breaks for them!  If you don't mind, please say a prayer for sweet Mason and that we find answers soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment