Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mason Lately

I've been getting a little sad looking over the last couple of months for Mason in pics.  He's getting so big!!  Since he's my last baby, it makes me sad that he's getting bigger (I know, I'm weird).  I'm really loving life with two these days.  It's definitely not easy, I'm finding lots of challenges, but I love both of these boys so much!  I never knew this was possible.  Anyway, this is going to be all about Mason, and I'll follow up later with a post all for Colin.
This sweet little guy has just been on a steady upswing for growth!  I stopped breastfeeding around 5.5 weeks, which is pretty close to when I stopped with Colin.  He also started sleeping in his crib in his very own room 5 weeks ago!  He is a great sleeper and generally only wakes up once during the night.  Right now, he goes down for the night around 8:30 and then wakes up between 4:30-5:30 and goes back to sleep until around 8.  He takes several good naps during the day and definitely sleeps best in his dark, quiet room (with sound machine!).
At his two month visit, he weighed 12 lbs 9.9 ounces and was 22 inches long (I think...could've been 24.  I know I should know this, but it's been 2 weeks!).  I feel pretty confident that he's already bigger than that now!
He is wearing size 2 diapers (although I fear not much longer!) and size 3-6 month clothes.  He can still wear some 3 month clothes, so I'm holding on to that for dear life!  I don't know why it makes me so sad that he can't wear 0-3 month clothes anymore, but it does!  I realized today that he looks like a stuffed sausage in his 0-3 month clothes!  Time to move on up!
He started smiling around week 5 and his first belly laugh was around week 7...for his Daddy!  Of course!  Colin's first belly laugh was also for his Daddy.  Now, he laughs all the time!  He loves when I sing to him, and tries to sing along with me!  :)
Mason has such a sweet, gentle disposition and is so easy going.  Now, he is definitely particular and knows what he likes, but he generally is super easy going.  He LOVES his play mat and laying in his crib watching his mobile.  I place him in his crib when he's tired, and still awake and he puts himself to sleep!  Colin didn't do that until he was 8 or 9 months old!!  Let's hope he keeps it up.
He loves to be swaddled at night (and at naps if he gets the chance).  He likes to be held upright against your shoulder when he's held and only rarely takes a paci (not a thumb/finger sucker either!).  
It is amazing how such a small person can make you love so big in such a short amount of time.  My heart just bursts every time I look at his and Colin's sweet faces.  Love my little loves!
Loving this sweet wee little man!!  Mason, you make our hearts happy and our family complete.  We love you, sugar toot!

No comments:

Post a Comment