Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!!

We have had a great Halloween here at the Carter house!! We took dinner to some friends who just had a baby this morning (sounds weird to deliver dinner in the morning, but wanted to be sure they had it in time for their festivities). Then, we visited some more friends who have been home bound a few days and needed some company. Stopped by Sonic to take advantage of $.50 corn dogs...Mason ate his WHOLE corn dog. I'm scared for his teenage years if he eats like this at 10 months. You will notice at the end of this post that there is yet another pic of Mason in the high chair eating. Anyone surprised? It is easier to get his pic made there anyway.

This afternoon, I loaded up the boys and we headed downtown to the Goblin Parade. I assumed that there would be a cute little parade...maybe 100 people and it would be just a little square to walk around. I was wrong. It was crazy pants insane! There were people and kids EVERYWHERE!! And the parade was a huge long line that wound all the way around the businesses downtown. Super neat idea and I think it's awesome that downtown sponsors such a neat event! Would've been even better had a grown lady not decided to vomit all over the sidewalk by me and the boys. Yuck. Gross. Ewww. Moving along. Colin did great at the Goblin Parade and remembered to say "trick-or-treat" "thank you" and "Happy Halloween" to most everyone.

Came home and ate dinner and got ready for our trick-or-treaters! I had the hardest time trying to get Colin to GO trick-or-treating. He LOVED passing out candy and seeing all the kids, but was quite happy staying out! He finally agreed to go see our neighbors on either side, but then got into it so we went to a few more before resuming our candy handouts.

Mason was just along for the ride during the trick-or-treat festivities. He was in total sensory overload at the Goblin Parade and didn't care to get back in costume after he ate dinner. I didn't get a good picture of the boys in their costumes today. The one I did get is pretty indicative of how our trick or treat experience went. You can barely see Mason because he is almost turned all the way around in the wagon looking at all the kids and stuff going on and Colin is checking out his trick-or-treat loot. Happy Halloween!!

No comments:

Post a Comment