Thursday, October 17, 2013

Daddy Fun

While I was in Jonesboro, Trey did a fabulous job holding down the fort with the boys.  I know he wanted to be down in Fayetteville for the game to see some of his family and friends who were in town, but he didn't complain a bit.

Trey's mom (aka Bebop) sent a Halloween fun box for the boys, and Trey spent Saturday morning/afternoon working on the spooky gingerbread house that was in the box.  It didn't last long because after they were finished, Colin decided they needed to eat it.  And, as any good daddy would, Trey let him.
I'm so impressed with how it turned out!  Colin did a lot of the work, with Trey supervising (or so Colin says) and Mason ate a bunch of the candy they decorated with (again as Colin says).  Trey also worked on Colin's handwriting practice and got them up and ready for church...early!  Even had time to spare to pick up donuts for our Sunday school class.
Then, they went on a "man date" to Grub's Sunday night while they were waiting on me to come home.  I'm really not surprised they had such a great weekend.  Trey is such a good daddy and these boys adore him (as do I!).  He never calls it babysitting (at least that I can hear) when he has the boys without me.  He knew I needed a weekend away with friends to recharge my batteries and encouraged me to have fun with my friends.  Love that man!!  I'm a lucky girl indeed!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment