Friday, January 15, 2010

Loving My Life as a Stay at Home Mommy!

Oh my goodness...I L-O-V-E staying at home with Colin every single day. No, it's not easy, but it's wonderful. I've enjoyed seeing his sweet little face and am enjoying helping him develop and grow. We're back on track with eating solid foods. We are through our carrot rotation, and I made butternut squash that he'll enjoy next!! Thankfully, he likes carrots a lot. They don't make him gag like broccoli did. I don't blame you, buddy!! He does like zucchini a lot too! He is trying to grab his bowl, spoon, or bottle at any given time during feeding now. He wrangled it away from me here...which makes for a super messy little boy!
But, I'm trying to be one step ahead of my infant child...now he gets his own spoon to hold. Not sure if that will work any better, but maybe he'll at least let me feed him with the other spoon! Along with trying to feed himself, he also decided early this week that he no longer needed naps (which made for a very cranky 6 1/2 month old!!!!!). The past couple of days I think he's decided he actually does like naps again, so we're ok. He's a funny kid.
He was so proud of himself for getting this spoon away from me. He thought he was such a big boy holding his spoon, and he really thought he was feeding himself. Pretty stinking cute!
Oh, man!! We're so close to crawling it's SCARY! I mean really scary! While I want him to grow up and hit all his milestones, there's still a part of me that wants him to stay little bitty. That part may be bigger right now. I love the sweet snuggles, and I've heard those go out the window once the kiddo is mobile!

This morning we had a nice lazy morning. Another reason I love staying at home! We watched a little Matt Lauer, ate a little breakfast, played with some toys. Then C-man snuggled up with me and both of us decided it was nap time at about 8:00. We woke up about 9:30 and this is the beautiful site that I got to see!!!
After our nap was over it was play time again! Usually Colin wakes up and his hair looks fine--no wildness. But, not after our nap...he woke up with bed head!!! Can you see it? His bed head is a lot cuter than mine.
I'm so excited to go see my Mom and Dad next week. Colin's going with me and we'll be going to Heber!! I'm hoping I get to see some friends that I haven't seen in a while, plus Colin hasn't been to Heber since he was 5 weeks old! Have a great weekend!! Hugs and kisses from the Carter's!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment