Sunday, October 4, 2009

Terrible Teething

Yes, that's right...at 14 weeks, Colin is in full-on teething mode. He's got two teeth coming in on his bottom gum. I'm here to tell you boys and girls...this ain't fun. He feels rotten, runs a fever, has diarrhea, but here's the good news...he still looks just as cute as ever. Which makes it even harder!! Trey and I have just been holding him and loving on him telling him we wish it were us and not him just trying to make him feel better. There have been some times that when he looks back up at us I think he's thinking "yeah, I wish it were you instead of me too."

So I tell you all of that and paint that horribly sad picture so I don't feel so stupid telling you about part B of the story. If you've been following this blog since the beginning, you may remember that Colin made a trip to the E.R. when he was about 4 days old, with the result being a wet diaper. Well, guess what...he's only 14 1/2 weeks old and has now been to the E.R. twice. I promise I'm a good Mommy, but he was running a 102.9 fever (with a temporal thermometer--which the nurses in the E.R. pointed out as crap), so the pediatrician's on-call person said just to go to the E.R. (by the way, a baby in his daycare was diagnosed with viral meningitis the week before--really, I'm not crazy or overbearing) By the time we saw the triage nurse, the Tylenol had kicked in and the fever was pretty much gone--down to 100.7. Basically what it boils down to is that he was running a fever because of the teething. Just so you guys don't think I'm totally nuts, I should point out that before baby, I hardly ever went to the doctor, much less the E.R. myself. I've lived in Rogers over 2 years, and still don't have a family practitioner. But, with Colin it's a different ballgame. If he's in pain or hurting, I want to resolve that hurt as soon as possible.

Even though his gums and mouth hurt, C-Man is still just plugging away. This hasn't affected his eating one little iota, and he had actually gained 8 whole ounces between Tuesday and yesterday! He's up to 12 pounds 11 ounces! He doesn't like teething rings; he pretty much just wants to stick to towels, washcloths, or his burp cloths. He still smiles all the time and has the sweetest disposition (even as these teeth are sharply poking through his sweet mouth)!!

Enjoy the pics!
Munching down on the towel!

Memee made this outfit for C-Man. Isn't it sweet?
At home, after the E.R.--bless his thumping heart.

I'm really looking forward to this week! So far, it's started out very well! Miss Emma Kate decided to make her appearance in the world a full week early, so we went down to Fayetteville to see her and check on her sweet Mommy and Daddy. I didn't take any pictures this trip, but trust me--she's gorgeous! I'll go see them in about a month or so, and take pics then. I think she's going to look like her pretty Mommy! Congrats Elaine and Warren! Then, this weekend I have a mini-vacation and I'm so excited! All three of us are going to go to Branson and just relax! We'll go shopping and check out some deals, and just have some good bonding time. I hope everybody has a great week!!

1 comment:

  1. Hey- I just wanted to let you know to try "teething tablets" if you haven't already. They worked wonders for Gretchen! And, we had to go to the pedi on Monday- she had a fever of 103 and it freaked me out- you're not alone!

    ReplyDelete