Saturday was the big day for our sweet Colin. He had a fantastic birthday!! My Mom and Dad came up Friday to spend the whole weekend with their little man on his big day, we went to another party Saturday morning for one of his friends (where he proceeded to take off his pants because it was a backyard kiddie pool party--lesson learned: keep pants on at ALL times...otherwise, he will take his pants off wherever!), and then after his nap his party!!!! We are so glad Memaw Lynn and Pops came up to celebrate with us (though had I known they had to leave early, I would've tried to get a picture before they left!!! So sorry!!) and a big surprise was Uncle Brett came all the way from Heber just for Colin's birthday!!! He hasn't missed one of Colin's birthdays yet!!!! :) He had a grand time celebrating with a bounce house and dinos galore!!! My little dinosaur lover's paradise! I have a ton of pics to go with the party, so I'll do a quick little 3 year update then pic time!
Colin, I can't believe you are 3!!! You are wild and crazy, silly and sweet, cuddly and loving, and probably the funniest kid I know. You are still so tender hearted so I have to be careful how I discipline you. You love going to church and bible study which warms my heart! You talk constantly and I am amazed with how much you have learned and grown up over the last year. Somehow you are not a baby anymore, but a big boy!!! We have been potty training for almost 2 months now, and while you are a pro at pee-peeing on the potty, you WILL NOT go poop on the potty. Drives me insane!!! I have tried bribery, threatened spanking, left you naked (the "experts" say kids won't poop on the floor--the "experts" are wrong), and nothing seems to work. I'm really hoping it clicks soon because you start preschool in the fall and have to be TOTALLY potty trained!!!! PS--I'm totally open to any suggestions to help him poop in the potty. You are an AMAZING big brother to Mason. I couldn't have imagined you would love him as much as you do. You even like to have a baby doll with boy clothes on that you call Mason sleep with you during nap and bed time. Mason adores you just as much if not more than you adore him. His eyes are constantly on you and NOBODY can make him smile and laugh as much as his Brother Bear. I love your bright personality and how you light up each and every room when you walk in. You make me smile everyday. And I love you more everyday! You can make my heart melt with just a simple request of "Mommy 'nuggles??" and of course I will drop whatever I'm doing to get a little snuggle time with my sweet first born. I know I'm not a perfect Mommy and I make mistakes constantly, but I hope you will always know how much I love and cherish you. Daddy and I say almost every single day that we don't know how we got so lucky to have you for our son--we know nothing we ever did deserves such a great kid! I can't wait to see what this next year brings!!!
 |
| Dino claws, fossil cookies, volcano treats, and dino cupcakes! He was in awe! :) |
 |
| Each kid had the option to get a mask and tattoo...obviously many opted out. Birthday boy included. |
 |
| Favor bags--dinosaur, tattoos, dinosaur eggs, and a cute little dino cookie |
 |
| Jumping on his new trampoline from Gigi and Pappy with his bud Austin. |
 |
| Elizabeth digging for fossils (I made fossils out of used coffee grounds, flour, salt, and cold coffee--thankfully the kids enjoyed digging for them because they were gross to make!) |
 |
| Mom holding baby Benjamin, Melanie, Joshua, Daniel, and Trey |
 |
| Becca and sweet Claire--so happy they moved back to NWA! |
 |
| Jillian and her wink |
 |
| Vince and Willa |
 |
| Pretty Kaylee |
 |
| Peter and Will (Will is almost the same size as Mason--and is about 3 months younger!!) |
 |
| Love this picture of Madeleine! She was getting into the cupcake! |
 |
| Brett, Dad, my neighbors Jay and Patsy and their daughters, Janan and Susan |
 |
| Gavin, Jenn P, and Riley, Jenn R & Risky, and Kari |
 |
| Daniel and Trey |
 |
| Austin and Colin hoarding all the inflatable dinosaurs and then they would line them according to size. Love that they do that, but so strange! |
I'm going to have to upload pics on different posts, so his birthday post will last forever! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment