We did cereal for a couple of weeks to help Mason get used to eating baby food, and then decided to jump right in to the baby food. I will admit that I really haven't made any baby food for Mason like I did with Colin. To be honest, Colin is a crappy eater (and that's why I made it to begin with--hoping it would taste like "normal" and he would be a good eater) so I just didn't think it helped. Plus, I have no time! I did make a batch of carrots, but he HATED it! So, back to the jars I go. Maybe this will make the difference in a good eater?!?
 |
| First bite...a little unsure |
And, I digress...so, Mason's first taste of actual baby food was peas! Just like Colin. He didn't love them, but he didn't hate them either. He loves them now! Actually, he seems to like all baby food so far! He isn't crazy about peaches, but he will eat them. He LOVES squash and bananas. I think he would sit and eat 3 jars of each if I would let him. He just props his sweet little mouth open like a baby bird! :)
 |
| I still get a big smile! Love that sweet face! |
So, he is plugging right along with food, but still hasn't hit his "milestones." I think he's just lazy. He won't roll over--I'm serious, I know it's won't, because he will spin himself in circles and flip flop from side to side. He's also not sitting up just yet when I've seen other kiddos his age who are, but that will come in due time. I'm sure most of it is related to Colin's potty training (a WHOLE other post--NIGHTMARE!!!) and not getting the attention he needs and deserves. But, we are working a lot more on baby exercises and tummy time.
 |
| His reaction was a little "blech" at first...but he really does love them now! |
No comments:
Post a Comment