You are such a good little eater! You eat solids 3 times a day now, and you LOVE it! The only food that I've found so far that you don't like is broccoli, but your favorites are carrots and bananas. You will just eat and eat and eat carrots--that mouth opens up like a little birdie! You still have 4 bottles a day, but I don't think it will be a struggle to give those up when the time comes! You just love to eat so much! Your Daddy and I both think you have just been waiting for your solids for all this time! As soon as you started eating your solids, you grew SO much! We estimate your weight to be a little over 2o pounds now, and you are getting so tall!
You sleep through the night most nights, and take 2 good naps during the day. You no longer like to be rocked to sleep, you would much rather be tucked in your bed with your silkie and paci...sometimes you still like your mobile to sing you to sleep.The moments when you first wake are my very favorites. You always have the biggest smiles for Mommy when you wake up! You talk and giggle and have the best time!
You are such an active baby! You have been sitting up on your own for quite a while, but now you can pull yourself up from your belly to sitting up! You still aren't really crawling much, but you have crawled a little--so I know you can. I think you just choose not to at this point.
You love to play Patty Cake, jump in your bouncer, play peek-a-boo, and your big thing is to turn all toys upside down. You aren't happy with a toy unless it's wrong side up. I haven't figured this one out yet, but your Daddy thinks you are just trying to figure out how everything works. We both think it's a sign of greatness! We already think you're the best!
You are such a loving baby. You know what it means to give kisses and you give the best kisses! You give kisses to your whale bath toy every night...it's just so sweet! You love to give hugs and you squeeze so tight when you hug...Mommy loves those moments when you squeeze really tight! Your newest "trick" is to give high fives! Daddy worked with you for 3 weeks, and you're so good at it! Now he's working on waving "bye bye." I'm sure you'll master that in no time.
I've also learned how flexible you are. We just got back from driving to Red River, NM for vacation and you did so well! You were an excellent traveler and I worried about the traveling for nothing! You stayed on schedule pretty well while we traveled and kept up your great sleeping habits! You surprise and delight me every day!
You crack both your Daddy and me up constantly! How do you know that the word poop is funny or that it's funny that your poop smells? Is that something that is just natural to a boy? It's those times that I really feel like your Uncle Josh found you enroute from heaven and taught you all that stuff!
All in all the past 8 months have been amazing! You are one loved little boy and Daddy and I both feel so blessed to have you as our child! While it's not easy, being your Mommy is the most rewarding job I've ever had! I look forward to watching you grow even more!
aww - his uncle josh sent his humor to you in that precious little boy! he's adorable, hannah!!! i can't believe he's already 8 months old!!
ReplyDelete