The place where we stayed was amazing. Literally ski in, ski out right out from our door. Not to mention all the gorgeous scenery and wildlife! Just please pay no attention to the super awkward positioning of my hands...
The first night we got there we noticed all these deer that live right in the backyard. I thought they'd be super skiddish and scared of us...
I was wrong. I mean these suckers came RIGHT up to you. This one in the pic above had just stuck his face in my hand. I did think I was going to have to smack a little kid though...I made a comment about "all the sweet babies" meaning deer. He said , "you know they aren't all babies, don't you?" Yeah, sorry kid. Missed that memo. Totally not looking forward to when Colin acts like that. And believe me, I've got it coming to me.
My sweet, precious parents with all that gorgeous scenery! I really can't explain how beautiful it is in Red River. There aren't a ton of people, so it makes for a nice atmosphere--and it doesn't seem super expensive, which most ski resorts are. I highly recommend this place!
My precious boy all bundled up in my jacket. He loves the cold weather, and loved going outside in Red River. And it was C-O-L-D!! But, every time he gets out in the cold, he just grins and starts kicking his legs. What a nut!
My little ski bunny. He hadn't been skiing in a while, but he picked it right back up and did so great! Poor thing had to put up with my slow self going down the mountain. He'd have to stop in the middle of a run, and wait. I'm big on pizza-slicing the whole way down. I'm too scared to fall and break something. But, my little ski bunny isn't so scared. I think he's already ready to go back!
Colin stayed with his Meemee inside the whole week. He and Meemee played and played and played! He enjoyed looking right out that giant window. It snowed HARD the first couple days we were there. Sure, we've had snow in Arkansas, but it had nothing on the beauty in Red River!
Pappy's just too much fun. After Pappy was finished skiing each day, he'd go back to the room, so he could play with the C-Man!
Ski bunny I am not. Dad and I enjoyed our time on the slopes, but I think we were both glad when we were through. I fell a whole bunch, and we just won't talk about Dad's falling. It sure was fun though!
Mom and Dad went for a ride on a snowmobile our last day. It's something Mom had always wanted to do, and I think she made 2 trips that day...her first and last! She said it was really rough. But, she and Dad can add it to their list of things they've done!It was a fantastic vacation. I have such amazing parents and I thank you so much for everything! All three of us love you and appreciate everything you've done for us!
No comments:
Post a Comment