Thursday, March 18, 2010

It's a Zoo Out There!

We had such a great week staying in Heber and Perryville! Megan's shower was so much fun; she's going to be a great Mommy! Colin had his very first visit to the LR zoo, and then we finished the week out by going down to visit friends in DeWitt (but more on that in a later post).

Dad came into Heber on Friday--just in time to get some one-on-one time with Colin while I ate lunch with some old friends. Pappy fed Colin his lunch and they played a bunch! Pappy's a little messier than I am, but that's just fine with Colin! He adores his Pappy!
Colin also began pulling up this past week. He's been crawling (not sure if I've mentioned that or not!!! Oops!) for a couple of weeks now. Playing with Layni encouraged Colin to want to pull up on things and attempt standing/walking--which scares me ten times more than crawling did!! Yikes!
He's just so proud of himself for figuring it out! Now he does it all the time! If he can't sleep, he just pulls himself up on his crib. Let's just hope he doesn't figure out how to get out of that crib for a while!

The real reason for my being in Heber was a sweet friend of mine from high school who is having a baby the end of April/first part of May! Christina, Laura, and I gave her a shower on Sunday--I'm so glad they let me be a part! I think GG got some great stuff!
Here's Megan with her sweet Mama!
And again...
This is Avery and I am in LOVE with this sweet girl! Can I just claim her for Colin already?? Her Gigi and I both think they would be the cutest little couple! She gave Colin the sweetest little kisses...it's just too bad he cried when she kissed him! He won't in a couple years though!

I have always loved the zoo. My Dad used to take me almost every year when I was little on our Dad/Daughter dates and I have such great memories at the zoo. Since I have such great memories of the zoo, I'd like Colin to love the zoo too! So, he had his very first zoo experience! Monday was absolutely gorgeous, so my Mom, Dad, Colin, and me all loaded up and headed to Little Rock.
Who likes "see" food? Colin does! I'm telling you, this kid is a great eater! He's recently added little animal crackers and yogurt bites to his menu, and he just pretty much loves to eat anything! He's not crazy about the Stage 3 foods with chunks in them, but he will eat regular old table food cut up very small. He really liked pulled pork from Spunky Pig! :)
Since my parents live (part time anyway) on a farm with cows, Dad is always taking Colin out to see the animals. Colin goes to visit the horses (who love him by the way) and the cows. Dad taught Colin how to moo (kind of sounds like MMMMmmm instead of an actual "moo"), and when we went to the zoo, Colin mooed at every animal he saw. It was the cutest thing I've ever seen. Now that Dad's not around, he's not mooing anymore. :(
The lions were out enjoying the beautiful spring day in the sunshine! He sure enjoyed being carted around by Pappy!
I think my sweet little toot had a good time at the zoo! We were there around his nap time, and we all thought that once he got to riding around in the stroller, he'd either be grumpy or would just pass out. Not so. He was so alert and awake--just taking it all in! He loves the zoo!! Yay! Can't wait for more visits!
Aunt P came over to visit later that night, Colin always likes to see Aunt P!

Colin is becoming more vocal everyday. He said "Dada" first, but I'm happy to say he now also says "Mama"--kind of. It usually comes out as "Ama" or "Ma"--either way, doesn't really matter to me! Still the sweetest sound these ears have ever heard!!

No comments:

Post a Comment