Thursday, March 18, 2010

Fun in DeWitt

I haven't seen Melissa and family since Colin was 5 weeks old, it's been months since I've seen Becca (poor Colin hadn't ever even met baby Ella!), so we were overdue for a good visit. I made plans with Becca to pick her and Ella up in Little Rock and the four of us would ride down to DeWitt. I'll be honest. I was kind of nervous how the little man would act--but he did great (aside from the small temper tantrum between Stuttgart and DeWitt on the way down--and Scott and LR on the way back). Colin is such a lucky little guy--he has SO many pretty little girls to grow up around and play with. I'm not so secretly hoping he will develop a love connection with one of them.

Melissa's Mom and another friend Kate met us for lunch at one of the places I will always associate Melissa with--The Willows! In college, she would go on and on about chicken strips from The Willows. I have to admit, it was pretty good!

I have decided it does absolutely no good to try to find the toys he plays with when we go visit friends. I think it's just always more fun to play with somebody else's toys!
See the absolute joy on his face?? He loved this little stand up toy.
Kinley played with him for a little while, but she's a busy girl with places to go and other people to see! :)
Pretty little Kinley and her pretty Mommy, Melissa
This is Melissa's 3 year old, Noah
I absolutely adore this boy--he is so polite and sweet! Not to mention a great helper! Can he come stay with me???
Sweet little Ella with her precious Mommy, Becca
It made my whole heart smile to see our babies playing together!
Becca and Melissa were (and still are) 2 of my closest friends!
I love the ages that they are too--all right about 3 months apart--Kinley 12 months, Colin 9 months (almost), Ella 6 months (almost)
Come here, Ella!! I want to give you a HUG!!!
Still obsessed with the stand up toy.
All 3 precious babies playing together! Love it! Colin's so excited he even brought out his snort face!

Colin's cousin, Max celebrated his 2nd birthday a couple weeks ago, but we couldn't make it. Colin had a present for his cousin and wanted to see him, so we stopped in on our way back from DeWitt.
Max is such a sweet little boy, and is so helpful! He would love on Colin and kept saying "Baby." He also wanted to give Colin his bottle. I think he will make a great big brother...someday!
Max also wanted to help Colin play and if Colin spit his paci out, Max would help him get it back in. So precious! They are so sweet now, but it will be atomic elbows and wrestling before long!!!

I am just too pooped to pop after this fun-filled week. We got back yesterday, and I'm still trying to get everything unpacked. Colin was so excited to see his Daddy and didn't want to let him go! I know Trey missed us both and is as glad to have us home as we are to be home!!

1 comment:

  1. aww! it looks like you guys had a blast in dewitt! the willows!!! that's awesome! so glad you were able to have so many great visits! love you!

    ReplyDelete