Friday, March 5, 2010

Date with my Baby!!

There's a big consignment sale going on in our area that I've always had good luck with in the past, and this time didn't disappoint either! I didn't really find a whole lot of clothing that I couldn't live without (but I did get some super cute stuff!), but I did find Colin some new toys that he already loves! Technically, these toys are geared for older kids, but he's having fun with them right now too.
I love this Little Tykes scooter thing. So does C-Man! He sits on it so well and holds on to the handlebars while either Trey or I push him around the house (don't worry...we keep hands on him too!). He'll just laugh and grin! So much fun! It also has a little bar on the back that he'll be able to walk behind it and push it around. Guess how much I spent on this little gem? $10. Awesome.
My little munchkin is manning the grill! I need to put batteries in it because I don't know what all it will do. I imagine the "flames" light up, and it may talk or something. But he's already havng fun with it! It even came with a little cheeseburger patty and hot dog! How much fun for the summer?? Love it! How much for this little treasure you ask? $8.50. Love that even more than the toy itself!

I got another little bouncing pony interactive toy that you can plug into your t.v., but that's just sitting in the spare room right now. I know he's WAY too young for that one. Another great deal. Did I mention I sold some of Colin's old stuff too? So far, I've made over $150! I'm coming out smelling like a rose--even after buying 7 new outfits and 3 new toys (I only spent $60!). Pretty good deal. Wish it came into town more often!

Trey left this weekend to go to his friend Ben's bachelor party in Shreveport, so Colin and I are having lots of quality time! We had a GREAT day today! The temperature got into the 70's, and the sun was shining so brightly! I know spring is around the corner! We took full advantage of the beautiful weather by walking down to the park by our house and just hanging out. I went down the slide with him a couple times, but he had more fun just watching the bigger kids play on the equipment. He'd giggle and smile--the kid loves to be outdoors!
He also loves his Double D Lazy T hat! He was so proud of his hat--you could tell he felt like a big boy sporting a baseball hat! He has some really cool Spiderman shades, but I forgot all about them until we made it to the park. Oh, well.
After the park we headed to the mall since I needed to take some stuff back, and just piddled around wasting time. He got some new sandals for Easter, and I checked out the super sale rack at Gymboree (he also scored some new baseball shortalls!)--sorry, Trey--promise I didn't spend too much! All that playing and piddling left both of us hungry, so Colin offered to take me on a date. Kind of. We went to my favorite Mexican food restaurant, Las Fajitas! I had yummy Mexican, and Colin had broccoli and chicken. By the way...new development! There is officially not a single piece of food this child won't eat! Yay!!!!! I guess the broccoli I had made wasn't pureed enough for his taste. I guess that could be the bad news, because he may develop my weird texture issue later in life.
Precious baby boy! I had an amazing day with this little dumpling! We'll have another fun day tomorrow since it's supposed to be even warmer! Maybe we'll go to a bigger park with swings!! Enjoy your weekend and the wonderful sunshine!

No comments:

Post a Comment