Tuesday, February 2, 2010

New Faces and New Friends!

Colin has really been experimenting with his faces and has discovered his little tongue! He scrunches his whole face up and then sticks his tongue out at the end. It almost looks like he's eaten something yucky, but it is so funny! I've tried to get some pictures of it, but my camera just isn't fast enough!!! He also sticks his lips out (from the pics it looks like he's crying) and makes a kind of snorting noise. Neither are super happy noises, but they make me laugh!
This is right before the little tongue decided to come out--I promise he's not upset! See, Daddy's helping him with his faces!
In the middle of the tongue stick out...oh geez, I'm pathetic!
Fed up with the picture taking of the tongue face, so now on to the snort! (Daddy's still stuck on sticking the tongue out!)

This has been a rough couple of weeks (or months) for the Carter house because Colin has decided to wake up in the middle of the night (every night!!). I'm retraining him to sleep through the night which isn't fun at all. Last night you would've thought I was pulling his toenails off or something because he cried for almost an hour and a half!!! Trey and I felt absolutely awful. I tell ya, there's nothing that makes you question the quality of your parenting more than a screaming child! But, this too shall pass, and we'll all be stronger and better for it.

Colin has been spending some more independent play time in his play yard recently because he seems to be mobilizing!! It looks kind of like baby jail though, don't you think?
More snorting...really, it's funny. If I can figure out how to get videos posted on here properly, I think you would crack up!
Mom, let me out! I'll be a good boy (just kidding, he's always a good boy--he just has to learn to be a little independent as well!).
We were snorting back and forth for a while and this is a pretty good picture of what his face looks like in the middle of a good piggy snort.
These snow days we've had lately have been hard work for me and C-Man! It's hard just wearing pj's all day long! :) I really enjoyed our cuddle time though!

Tonight I had a really good time socializing with some new friends. We are all Alpha Gams, but some of us are from different colleges or different time frames. It was fun to meet everyone and hear the stories about when they were in school or where they went to school. It would be nice to make it a quarterly get together!!

This week I've started a new commitment with Congregational Care in our church that I'm so excited about. I'll be taking meals to families with new babies--how fun is that?? I'll also help stock our Sunday morning baked treats. I think it's an area that I will greatly enjoy serving! Enjoy your week! Hugs and kisses from the Carter's!

2 comments:

  1. Your little guy is SO cute! I think that's such a fun stage for them to be in. I enjoyed meeting you last night. We will all have to get together again sometime in the coming months! Can I steal your picture for my blog? Have a fun week. - Mary Avery

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I enjoyed meeting you as well! I'm hoping we can get together on a recurring basis--it's so nice to get out of the house! You may absolutely steal the pic! You too!

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete