Wednesday, January 16, 2013

New Day

Today is a MUCH better day than yesterday!! I've got so many sweet friends and family members who have helped me to be more at peace with what's going on and give me some perspective. Most have said very reassuring things and lots of creative ideas for helping Colin's fine motor skills. I so appreciate all the love!!! I saw a bible verse on the KLRC Facebook page that really helped put things in perspective for me. "Don't worry about anything; instead pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done." Phillipians 4:6

One of the things I've decided to try is the Early Childhood Intervention program through the Northwest Arkansas Education Co-op. It's free to have Colin evaluated and if he qualifies for therapies (speech, physical, etc) that's also free until age 5. I figure the resource is there, might as well utilize it. I have two friends who have recommended that to me. If they tell me there's nothing they can do--that he's just a normal 3 year old boy (which is what most of my friends and family say)--at least I'll know I'm exhausting every outlet!!

I do admit that Colin watches entirely too much tv, so that's the number one thing I've cut out. He raised a fuss at first, but we stayed busy with swim lessons and he got to pick out some activities today too. We played a few board games (Diggity Dog, of course) even playing a new one, Don't Break the Ice. Yesterday was a day of shock and I'll admit I was pretty pathetic! Today is a day of action! I'm going to do everything in my power to set my boys up for success! I'm not worried anymore no matter what happens. I'll do everything in my power to help my children and use any resources I can. But, I do know that it's ok! God loves my babies even more than I do. He's got this.





1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I need to read your previous post, but if you need anything please let me know!!!

    ReplyDelete