Thursday, January 17, 2013

Perspective and a Prayer Request

I had a long chat with Colin's teacher today, and I misread the signals she has been giving me. She is concerned with his maturity level, but said he is totally normal for his age. There are 2 other kiddos in his class who are in the same boat he is in, so I think we are going to stick them in her 3 day a week 4 year old program next year so she can help them focus together. I feel SOOOO much better, but I'm still going to stick to my plan of helping him focus more at home and work on fine motor skills. She thinks Trey and I have come up with a solid plan. While she doesn't think it's necessary to go overboard with things, doing things he enjoys (more time with educational board games, puzzles, play dough, less tv time) would be great for him. I bought him a new game at Target that is sooo cute and he loves! It's called Sneaky Snacky Squirrel and you have a spinner you spin to pick up acorns with squirrel tongs. He loves it! We've already played it at least 10 times and he hasn't tired of it yet!

Since duck season is almost over, we came to Perryville for the weekend (Trey will be joining us after work). It feels good to be home and to be with my Mom and Dad. Nobody loves you like your Mom and Dad!!! :) Colin has been running around non-stop and playing games. It's nice to have some tag team help during the day.

I got a healthy dose of perspective today. Found out one of my sweet friends in NWA recently had her baby boy and he was flown to ACH with complications. Unsure of what those are, but my heart hurts for her. I have been in constant prayer for her and her family. Makes all my drama of the past couple of days seem so petty! I do ask that you keep Katrin and her family--especially baby Evan and his doctors in your prayers. Pray that he is made whole and pray for the wisdom of the medical professionals taking care of him--also prayers of peace and comfort for Katrin and her husband, Scott. I have no idea what it would be like to be in their shoes, and I'm hoping they feel His loving arms wrapped around them.



1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I love your blog! I've been reading up on all your little boy stories, since I'm going to need advice in that area. :) BTW, LOVE that you got Colin a squirrel game!

    ReplyDelete