Monday, May 10, 2010

Just a Swingin'

First, I have a couple of prayer requests.  My Papaw's friend, Scotty, passed away last Tuesday.  I know she's in a better place, but say a little prayer for the comfort of her family and friends.  Also, and maybe even more importantly, my cousin Kacey's little boy passed away Friday night.  He was only 5 years old and my heart is broken into a million pieces for her. 

While I had high hopes for May, last week didn't start the month off well.  Tuesday I got the flu.  Bad.  I mean, I was knocked off my tail for 4 days--possibly one of the worst cases of the flu of my life.  I was SO worried Colin would get sick, but thankfully my Mom and Dad came to his rescue Tuesday afternoon.  He spent the entire week at the farm with his Gammie and Pappy, had a great time, and never got sick!  He LOVES being outside, and enjoyed spending extra time with the cows and horses (and Gammie and Pappy, of course).  While he was gone, his swingset was installed!!

Mom and Colin came back on Friday and Mom spent the weekend with us.  Poor Dad had a Cattleman's Association board meeting and couldn't come too.  I really had the best weekend!  Mom and I spent the morning and part of the afternoon just piddling around at the craft fair, Toys R Us, and lunch at Hammontree's.  Mom finally understands that they really do make THE best grilled cheese sandwich.  We finished lunch off with Wedding Cake cupcakes from Rick's...heaven in a little cupcake.
Check Colin out!!  6 teeth!!
We had to go outside and let Colin play with his new swingset on Saturday too!
Just a swingin'...
and gigglin'...
and talking!
He looks super pumped about the slide...
But, Daddy's here so it's ok!
Ready to go again!
My two handsome fellas!
I think he likes me too!
I had such a great first Mother's Day weekend.  I hope all the Mothers in my life know how much I love and appreciate them!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment