Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Ozark Botanical Gardens

A friend of mine told me about a kid's program called Little Sprouts at Ozark Botanical Gardens every Wednesday.  We headed down to Fayetteville to check it out.  So much fun!  Colin wasn't really into the sitting still listening to the story...or wanting to wait in line to pet the bunny either.  But, he really enjoyed exploring around the gardens!  I had never been there before, but had heard how pretty it was...it didn't disappoint me!  It is absolutely gorgeous!  There are five or six different gardens, and each one has some sort of water feature.  It really is the neatest place!  I think it will be even more fun for Colin when he can walk around (or run around like some of the heathen children there).  They had the cutest little children's garden with a little bird's next they could climb into, a tunnel to crawl through, and little fairies hidden throughout the garden.  Just a really neat place.  We'll be going back for sure!

Crawling over a bridge...the kid got D-I-R-T-Y
Looking up at a big water feature
The fountain splashed water on his little hot face...he didn't want to leave this area!
Bless his heart, he's just like his Mama...
Still at the same water fountain.  I have to admit, the water felt great!
Watching the big kids play
Exploring around a little pond; I think he would've dove right in!
Just a little part of the gardens
I thought this was one of the prettier gardens

After playing at the gardens for about an hour, we headed to Chick-Fil-A with Elaine and a friend of hers, plus their kiddos.  Colin is enamored with big kids and how they play!  He watched them as they ran around the playground...wish I would've taken my camera so you could see how much he likes Will!  Now, I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon recovering from our HOT outdoor adventure.  If it's really going to get hotter this summer, we may be spending more time indoors!!  Or at least more time where there's water to cool off by!  Colin and I were both drenched after playing in the gardens. 

No comments:

Post a Comment